'' Life without a friend is like death without a witness. ''
'' Live and work but do not forget to play, to have fun in life and really enjoy it. ''
Very few people believe that they are truly happy, and many feel envious of those that are, but have you ever tried to find out how to live a happy life? Here are ten ideas on how to improve you life and make yourself happier. Faitit2 mai try ramai2. Sesetengah idea ini ade diketengahkan oleh Dato Dr Fadhilah Kamsah. HEHE
1. Look for the positive side of every situation. It's only human nature to look for something to complain about, and this usually means we tend to only see negatives. If you want to know how to live a happy life try looking for what's right instead of what's wrong. If you are delayed at the airport, or stuck in traffic, try to make positive use of the extra time perhaps by reading a good book or relaxing and listening to music.
2. At the end of each day, as you get into bed, take a moment to think of all the things that have been good about that day. Remember anyone that smiled at you, anything you have done that's made you feel fulfilled, and anything that's made you laugh.
3. Spend time with people you love, whether they're your friends or your family. How often do you put off going to visit people because it's a bit far to travel or you've got too much to do at home? Quality time with your loved ones is a vital ingredient in the recipe for a happy life, so don't be stingy with it.
4. Be active and get some exercise, even if it's just a brisk walk around the neighborhood. Science tells us that exercise releases endorphins in the brain; those wonderful chemicals that reduce pain and make us feel happy, so turn off the television, leave the car at home and get moving.
5. Rest, sleep and relaxation are vital elements in how to live a happy life. No matter what you do, you won't be able to enjoy it if you are exhausted or stressed out; even the smallest problems will seem like the end of the world if you're sleep deprived. Forgo that late movie and get an early night, and you will be a much more pleasant person to be around.
6. Identify goals both in your personal and working life and work towards achieving them. Having ambition and planning ways to fulfill your dreams gives you something to look forward to, and the satisfaction of reaching your targets is even better.
7. Be grateful for the little things. Recognize the things that people do for you every day. If a stranger holds the door open for you, make time to pause, smile and say a genuine thank you. If a colleague offers to make you a coffee show you appreciate it, and make sure you return the favor once in a while.
8. Don't wish your life away by counting the hours to the weekend, or the days to your next holiday. Make the most of every moment and learn to enjoy the here and now. Do something every day that makes you happy and try to make every day memorable and unique.
9. Keep away from people that bring you down. While you're always going to hear some complaining and negativity as you go through life, spending all your time with people that grumble and find fault with everything is sure to drag you down. Surrounding yourself with positive, cheerful people is guaranteed to make your life happier.
10. Don't be afraid to have fun. It's a shame that we can't really remember what it was like to be a young child, where everything was a new and exciting adventure, and we were encouraged to play all day with no responsibilities to worry about. Try to bring a little of that childlike innocence into your every day life and just do things that make you happy without wondering what other people will think of you.
p/s: it really work. Try la. B'coz i have been facing a really sad moment dat take my morale down. Even it happened a year ago. But it really deep in me. CEWAH. hampeh je ayat.
i reading a short story about a guy. And it seems nice and really touchimg-touching la, HA. bukan senang aku nak post a Love Story, but dis story really touching n i want to share it with others. Mayb next time i will post lagi. But no la, nnti org igt aku mat bunga. Oh tidak same sekali ok. But dis story agak best lah, so sila bace-bace k.
Once upon a time, there was once a guy who was very much in love with this girl. This romantic guy folded 1,000 pieces of papercranes as a gift to his girl. Although, at that time he was just a small executive in his company, his future doesn't seemed too bright, they were very happy together. Until one day, his girl told him she was going to Paris and will never come back. She also told him that she cannot visualise any future for the both of them, so let's go their own ways there and then... heartbroken, the guy agreed.
When he regained his confidence, he worked hard day and night, slogging his body and mind just to make something out of himself. Finally with all these hardwork and with the help of friends, this guy had set up his own company...
"You never fail until you stop trying." he always told himself. "I must make it in life!"
One rainy day, while this guy was driving, he saw an elderly couple sharing an umbrella in the rain walking to some destination. Even with the umbrella, they were still drenched. It didn't take him long to realise those were his ex-girlfriend's parents. With a heart in getting back at them, he drove slowly beside the couple, wanting them to spot him in his luxury sedan. He wanted them to know that he wasn't the same anymore, he had his own company, car, condo, etc. He had made it in life!
Before the guy can realise, the couple was walking towards a cemetary,and he got out of his car and followed them...and he saw his ex-girlfriend, a photograph of her smiling sweetly as ever at him from her tombstone... and he saw his precious papercranes in a bottle placed beside her tomb. Her parents saw him. He walked over and asked them why this had happened. They explained, she did not leave for France at all. She was stricken ill with cancer. In her heart, she had believed that he will make it someday, but she did not want her illness to be his obstacle ... therefore she had chosen to leave him.
She had wanted her parents to put his papercranes beside her, because, if the day comes when fate brings him to her again he can take some of those back with him. The guy just wept ...the worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them but knowing you can't have them and will never see them again.
A tragic story that perhaps happens only in the movies. At the end of the day, money is money is money but love is divine. In our quest for our material wealth, take time to make time for our loved ones. There will be a time when we have only memories to cling to.
Take this weekend to show our "love" to all that are close to us.
p/s: it seems like love is always beautiful . Ceh. No komen-lah